Document referenceQAC
TitleRecords of county buildings : North Riding Quarter Sessions
DescriptionThis sub-fonds consists of the administrative records of the North Riding Quarter Sessions. It consists of administrative records relating to county buildings, including:

- papers relating to the provision of a clock at the Sessions House (Court House) Northallerton [1827]

- draft agreement for the purchase of houses and tenements adjoining the Register House, Northallerton [1841]

- a list of county buildings insured with the Yorkshire Fire and Life Insurance Company [n.d. late 19th century]

- bridgemasters' accounts and vouchers for a lock-up and police property at Guisborough and work at the New Militia Store, Richmond Castle Yard [1857-1858]

- accounts for the North and East Riding Artillery Militia Stores at Scarborough [1862-1877]

- specifications and accounts for the repair and maintenance of county buildings (Court House and Register House, Northallerton) [1873-1880]

- list of tenders received for contract work for county buildings [1881-c1901]

- workmen's bills for the building of the new Court House at Northallerton [1785-7]

- Court House wooden spouts to be lined with lead [1847]

- gas lighting in courthouse and prison [1845]

- a plan of alterations to the court room [1824]

- "The Register House" [1736-1874]

- "County Buildings [1785-1884]
Date1736-1884
LevelSubFonds
Extent1 box
Catalogue statusCatalogued
Administrative historyThese records were mainly produced by the Bridgemaster acting as architect and surveyor to the Riding.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2017